© All Rights Reserved 2009 | Juan Carlos Mejía | Cosmetic Dentistry | TEL (4) 448 47 44 - 312 258 34 36 | Medellín, Colombia | Tel. USA 954 353 62 80 | E-mail: Info@medellindentalsolutions.com
Cost of Cosmetic Dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry, while it requires great expertise, is not a legally distinct specialty. Prosthodontists are usually the dentist with the best training to work with in the cosmetic field. If you choose a dentist because the fees are low, you generally have no recourse if the work does not meet your esthetic expectations. Even among dentists there is a great variety in the level of skill and artistry as well as the time spent in these difficult restorations.
To become an expert cosmetic dentist, a dentist has to spend many hours away from the office in continuing education. Not only are the course fees high, but the cost in lost time away from the office is much higher and the dentist generally has to travel to remote cities to obtain this training.
How much does cosmetic dentistry cost?
The price of your cosmetic dentistry treatment will depend on a number of factors, such as:
· The amount of work and treatment required.
· The clinic where the treatment is carried out - some clinics that have high standards and a reputation for excellent cosmetic work and state of the art technology would charge more.
· The dentist carrying out the work and his/her level of experience and qualifications. There is a large variation in the fees charged between individual dentists. Specialists would generally tend to charge more than non specialists in a particular field of cosmetic dentistry.
· The materials used - The quality and costs of the dental materials used for your treatment will affect your overall treatment cost. For example branded dental implants such as Zimmer, Nobel Biocare and 3i are more expensive than non-branded. Dental crowns that have a metal foundation are cheaper than full ceramic (porcelain) crowns.
· Basic implants in the US are $2,000-$4,000 each, but the total cost can escalate to $15,000-$30,000 depending on location, complexity and the need for bone or gum restoration work, according to DentalResourses.com. Most insurance doesn't cover implants.
· The cost of white fillings for teeth is charged according to the number of surfaces covered by the fillings. For a one surface filling in Colombia, fees range from 30-35 US dollars. In the US the cost of a one surface filling ranges from between $150 to $250.
· Beautiful cosmetic dentistry requires the use of expensive materials, first-class cosmetic dental labs and usually extra time and effort on the part of the cosmetic dentist. All these extra costs are factored into the fee.
The Cost of Crowns
The cost of a crown depends on several factors, including the technical demands of the treatment, the training and expertise of the dentist, the training and expertise of the dental technologist, and the location of the dentist. Crowns may range in price in the US from $1,000 to $3,500 and last between 10 and 15 years or longer, though results vary depending upon your unique considerations. In our clinic crown prices range from $220-440 been composite crowns the cheapest ones and full ceramic (zirconia), the most expensive ones.
Bridges costs varies according of number of teeth involved in the restoration. Each tooth to be replaced is considered as a crown.
|PRICE COMPARIZON UK, US AND COLOMBIA PRICES
||Colombia (Our Office Range*)
||$150 to $250 One Surface Filling
||$25-30 one surface
|300.00 - £2000.00 Per Tooth
||$975 per veneer up to $2200
||$100-400 per unit
||£300.00 - £2000.00 per tooth
||$950 per crown up to $3.500.
||$220-440 per crown
|Basic Dental Implants
||£1500 - £2500.00 per tooth
||$650-950 per implant
|Inlay & Onlay
*A well trained specialist would do the job and the best lab and materials are guaranteed.